Top 10 Roulette Casinos in India
Get Up To ₹60,000
The welcome offer at Betway is something truly special.
Get 150% up to ₹20,000
Get a fantastic Welcome Bonus when you play at India's #1 online casino
Up to ₹80,000 In Real Cash
Lay your hand on Real Cash with the King of Casino
Get ₹2,000 Bonus + ₹2
Get a Welcome Bonus + ₹2 For Good Luck with one of the Biggest Gambling Brands
Up to ₹30,000 + 30 Free Spins
Experiment with a solid Bonus + Free Spins and enjoy a huge game selection
Up to ₹30,000 & 20 Free Spins
Go on an adventure with Bonus Money and Free Spins
Get ₹30,000 + 20 Free Spins
Enjoy a Huge Game Selection with Bonus Money and Free Spins
Get 100% up to ₹14,500
Get a wild Welcome Bonus at one of the worlds largest online casinos
Get 100% up to ₹160,000
Feel the Action with a Gigantic Welcome Bonus!
Claim up to ₹107,000
Get over 1,000 quality games on your mobile
Play the Best Roulette Online for India!
The game has been around for centuries, it’s straightforward to learn, and because of this, it’s suitable for players who are new to the online gambling scene.
Roulette has been played throughout time from Roman soldiers right up to the Kings and Queens of Europe. And thanks to the rise in popularity of online casinos and the advances in technology, it’s available for players in India right now. And there are many exciting versions to try out, with plenty of fun to be had and real money to win!
There’s no need to queue to get a seat at a Roulette wheel in Goa or Sikkim. Or even get a ticket for one of the floating boat casinos. All you need is your computer or your favourite mobile device, a good internet connection and you are good to go. No need to dress up smart or take the bus, you can play a Roulette game from your favourite armchair or anywhere you like.
Here at AllGambling, you’ll find a team of experts that understand the struggle of trying something new – we’ve been there, and that’s why you can always rely on us to give you the upfront facts and useful info to get the most out of your gambling experience.
Whether you are a beginner or master pro, this page is the gateway to everything about playing online Roulette real money India games.
We will also introduce you to the history behind the game where you can truly get an understanding of it. You will also learn the 3 main versions of Roulette, so you choose one that’s right for you.
If you are looking for a safe, licensed and regulated online casino to test out your new strategies and play a Roulette game, then our list above is where you’ll find these. And because it’s us, you can always be sure that we will give you the most up-to-date rankings of all the best online casinos in India.
Keep on reading to discover more and kick off your Roulette online experience, the right way!
How to play Roulette Online
The main aim of any Roulette online casino game is to predict which number the ball will land on after the wheel is spun. It is exactly the same format used at any land-based casino in India.
Bets are placed on a roulette board, with up to 38 numbers depending on the type of game you have selected. There are also many different betting options to choose from should you wish, including inside/outside bets, red or black, even or odd, a single number, and many more.
Either a live dealer or RNG mechanism will spin the wheel, throwing in a small silver ball. When the wheel comes to a stop, the ball will land in one of the pockets and give the outcome of the round. If you are a lucky winner, then your cash will be paid straight into your casino account.
There isn’t much skill involved in playing the game, and often newbie gamblers will head to the roulette tables first in any casino. Once you have mastered the different types of bets and rules, you will soon be on your way with a chance of winning some big real money prizes.
The history of Roulette
When it comes to truly understanding the roulette game, we need to look back at where it originated. The history records tell us that the game began in France in the 17th century when mathematician Blaise Pascal was trying to create a perpetual spinning machine.
Pascal was a renowned gambler, and it’s believed he took the influence of 2 similar games at the time in Europe, which were called ‘Even-Odd’ and ‘Roly Poly’. Both of these games were played using a spinning wheel and bets were placed on the spin’s outcome.
Whilst the written history records tell us these facts, other historians claim that both ancient Greek and Roman soldiers used to gamble on numbers on their fighting shields. Some believe the game holds its roots in ancient China, but it’s truly France who takes the credit for the roulette wheel. The name ‘Roulette’ translates as ‘little wheel’ in French.
Gambling in the 17th century was mostly illegal in Europe. It was only in the 18th century when strict laws were enforced that the roulette game grew in popularity, spreading from casinos in Paris and Monaco to the rest of the world.
In 1842 Francois and Lois Blanc added the single zero onto the roulette wheel, giving the game a bigger house edge. This is how European roulette was born, along with the table and wheel we all know and love today.
The roulette casino game was taken to Louisiana in the USA by European settlers in the early 19th century. Casino owners disapproved of the existing house edge and modified the Roulette further to increase their profits. That didn’t go down too well with players who drifted off towards other gambling games.
Looking to attract these players back to the game, the double zero was added to the wheel by the casino owners. The game once again reigned supreme, and American Roulette was born.
Variations of Roulette
You will find many different types of online roulette real money games, available at all of our recommended casinos. There is a game to suit all needs and preferences, with VIP, Auto, Multi-Wheel, Speed, and other fantastic fun options.
The basis of each of these exciting variations will follow the rules of the 3 main roulette games. And when you are making your casino roulette selection, it’s crucial to understand these.
Getting to know these different types could help boost your online roulette game. Because when you’re playing any games with real money, you always want to get good value and a decent possible return on your bets. So it’s essential to choose the right roulette game for you.
- This game uses the infamous wheel devised by Blaise Pascal. It’s the simplest and original form of roulette, with some betting options slashing the house edge to 1.35% on even money bets. This increases your chances of winning, especially compared to American Roulette which has an average house edge of 5.26%.
- The main difference between French, European, and American roulette wheels are the number of zeros. The French wheel has just one 0 cutting the overall house edge to only 2.7%.
- The French tables are different from the American and European games, with outside bets being split to either side of the layout. Numbers on the wheel also face inwards in this variant.
- There are many different types of bets to choose from in this version of the roulette game. The most exciting is the second chance even money type. You will have a losing bet in both American and European roulette if the ball lands in the 0 pockets. Whereas in the French version you will get a second chance to win!
- When you play roulette online on the American version of the game, you’ll notice that the wheel has both a 0 and 00. This increases the house edge up to 5.26%. It’s more similar to the European game than the French version, but it does have its differences.
- The tables feature outside bets on one side, with the numbers facing outwards on the wheel.
- The American wheel has 38 pockets that the ball could land in, whereas the European version has 37. The numbers will also be in a different order on the wheel.
- The odds are lower if you bet on certain winning numbers compared to the French and European versions. For example, these are 1 in 38 compared to 1 in 37 on European roulette.
- With these lower odds, even if you have a winning bet, you will still receive the same amount of real money back, 38 to 1.
- This type of game features 36 numbers on its wheel and a single 0. It’s an incredibly popular version and one which you will find in any online roulette India casino.
- It’s very similar to the French game but does have its differences. This version sits in the middle between the French and American games when it comes to winning odds.
- The addition of the single 0 on the wheel gives a medium house edge compared to the higher % of the American game.
- Outside bets on a European table can be found along one side of the betting layout.
- The numbers on the European roulette wheel are facing inwards.
Whether you decide to play live roulette or an RNG version of the game, you’ll be using the rules of probability. And whilst we all know there is no surefire way to win at any form of gambling, there are strategies which you can use to help you along the way.
These useful tips and tricks can benefit you in several ways:
- Help your bankroll to last longer
- Boost your fun levels
- Make the game more interesting
- Use strategies to play alongside friends/family
- Improve your chances of winning
We don’t expect you to be mathematical geniuses either, and we understand that a lot of roulette online strategies look very complicated – which is why on AllGambling you will find a lot of materials covering Roulette.